How to Prevent Sales & Use Tax Oversights on Purchases
The monumental Wayfair v. South Dakota Supreme Court decision changed operations for most businesses. Each state with a sales tax has imposed some requirement on companies to collect and remit sales tax. Guidance and laws on the taxability of products and services update frequently and can cause confusion and errors to occur. Now more than ever, businesses are reviewing their compliance strategies to lower liability and prevent tax oversights.
While many tax professionals build compliance practices on their sales, tracking the accuracy of sales and use tax on purchases easily gets overlooked. One of the best strategies to mitigate over- and underpaying sales and use tax is to conduct an internal audit.
During this on-demand webinar, our speakers address:
- An ever-changing tax landscape and how this impacts your business
- How to analyze your company’s existing sales and use tax protocols on purchases
- Why underpayments and overpayments occur
- Detecting and mitigating vendor tax errors on invoices and use tax exposure
- Leveraging technology to lower risks and improve processes for your tax department
- Practical steps to conduct a reverse sales and use audit for your company
Learn about proactive measures you can take today! Watch the on-demand webinar below.
Is your company over- or under-paying sales and use tax?
Contact one of our specialists today for a free consultation!