Tips & Tricks to Safeguard Your Bottom Line
2020 may have passed, but the challenges that tested the resilience of businesses remain prevalent. In an effort to adapt or pivot in the new economic climate, several companies have adopted multiple channels and selling methods (remote, marketplace selling), expanded into out-of-state territories, launched new products & services, or even acquired new companies. These types of changes – combined with recent federal and state court rulings – have significantly impacted businesses’ sales tax requirements, making compliance challenging and time-consuming to manage. As corporate finance leaders, safeguarding your company from non-compliance has never been more crucial. During this webinar, sales tax experts and corporate finance practitioners will share strategies for collaborating with tax departments to mitigate compliance obligations and uncover tax-saving opportunities.
- How the sales tax landscape has changed significantly over the past three years and why it matters
- The different impacts of sales tax on your business (incl. potential personal liabilities, sales tax audits)
- How to benchmark your current compliance practices
- Restoring profits back to your company (reverse sales tax audit)
- Tips and next steps to make your compliance efforts more efficient (incl. sales tax automation tools)